GDRP (General Data Protection Regulation)
Updated 1st October 2020
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)) is an EU regulation that protects the online privacy of all EU citizens. It covers how personal data is used and extracted when users visit and interact with a website. This act affects all websites since they are likely to get visitors from the EU region.
What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by service, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it, for example, when signing up for an account. As part of the registration process, we require demographic information (gender, country of residence and birth date); we encourage you to submit this information on behalf of your kids so we can provide you with a more personalized experience. We limit the information we collect to that which is necessary for our users to enjoy everything that A+ Kids has to offer. The purpose of our data collection is as follows:
• To allow access to the service
• To create a unique account profile (for personalization, reward points, etc.)
• To notify/obtain consent from parents; to give you access to parent’s zone
• Password reset purposes
• To set up billing
• To create a personalized world for the child using the service
• To allow us to send personalized gifts and messages
• To improve and otherwise maintain the A+ Kids experience
• Any other reasonable use of the data in the course of doing business or as part of a new feature
What Are Your Rights?
According to the he GDPR you have:
• The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
• The right of access – You will have the right to access to your personal data and supplementary information.
• The right to rectification – You can have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
• The right to erasure – You can have personal data erased when that erasure does not conflict with our legal obligations or security requirements.
• The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
• The right to data portability – You can always obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
How A+ Kids uses the information
As a parent or guardian, your email addresses are used to communicate with you about your kids in relation to their activity. It is also used for standard system notifications.
Profile information about children (such as their name and age) and their activities on A+ Kids are used in the first instance as reports to you. This information is also used to help personalize the experience so that appropriate videos, games and tasks are presented to them.
A+ Kids does not share, rent or trade personal information about any of our registered users, including your kids, with non-affiliated third parties for their promotional purposes.
A+ Kids will, from time to time, share personal information with carefully selected third party companies, who perform services on our behalf. These services may include, but are not limited to: academic and curriculum advice, payment processing; promotion fulfilment and marketing promotions. These third-party companies are covered by their own privacy policies, and we are very careful to select and pro-actively monitor such companies to ensure that they uphold the same high standards we set for ourselves. We do not share personal information with third party companies for their own marketing purposes. Third party companies are strictly prohibited from using your personal information for their own benefit, and will only be provided with the minimum amount of personal information required for them to perform their service. There are other situations in which we may share your personal information such as legal disclosures (e.g., law enforcement, investigation, safety issue, etc.) and business transfers (e.g., sale or acquisition of company).
Which Third Party APIs we use?
Third party API is an application programming interface (API) provided by third party to allow you to access its functionality via the third party’s plugin and use it on the service. The APIs we use are: Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy); Firebase (https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy); Game analytics (https://gameanalytics.com/privacy); Unity Analytics (https://unity3d.com/cn/legal/monetization-services-terms-of-service).
Cookies are small text files that we place in visitors’ devices to store their preferences. Our cookies themselves do not contain any personal information. Our cookies may reference the personal information you provided during registration. We use the registration information you provided to contact you if you lose your password or contact you about updates and changes at A+ Kids.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter. Alternatively, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Contact and Support
If you wish to contact us about any privacy questions or concerns you may have, please do contact our team via the website (http://www.apluskids.tv).